Privacy and Cookies Policy
At e4education, we understand how important it is to respect and protect your personal data. We want you to know that we take this responsibility very seriously and regularly review our practices.
1. Who is responsible for your data?
For clarity, we may be both the Data Controller and Data Processor of your personal data under certain circumstances.
2. Personal data we collect about you
We collect and store the following pieces of information about individuals who visit and use our products and services website (www.e4education.co.uk) and our support website (help.e4education.co.uk).
Gathered personal data types
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- School/MAT name
- School website URL
- Telephone number
- Geographical data about where you are based
- Duration of visit
- Date/time of visit
- Device make/model
When is the data collected?
- When you enquire about a product
- When you submit a support ticket
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you request a copy of our downloadable resources
- If you complete a form on the e4education website we will only process that data in the intended manner to complete your request unless you opt in to receiving emails from us.
Information we may gather elsewhere
- We may record telephone calls for the purposes of training
- Unless you opt out, we may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes
We do not collect or process sensitive categories of personal data.
3. Why we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Help us understand which content on our website is popular
- Enable us to review, develop and improve our website
- Provide visitors with a tailored service by displaying relevant content to enhance your website experience
- Make contact with you by telephone or email when you complete contact forms
- Provide customer care by responding to completed contact forms or requests for downloadable resources
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us for Support related queries
- Review job applications
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request or we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
4. Retention periods
If you choose to end your account with e4education, we will cease to process and delete your personal data a maximum of 5 working days from the agreement termination date.
5. Visitors to our clients' website
When somebody visits a website provided by e4education, we collect standard Internet log information that details visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to help our clients learn more about how their website is being used and how it can be improved.
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Article 6 (1) of the GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving stability and functionality. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
If you complete any forms on our client websites, we (as data processor) will process this information on behalf of the school (data controller). This information will be stored securely in a database, emailed to a contact at the school or both. We do not process this information in any other way. We will never sell, distribute or lease this information to third parties, unless we are required by law.
Please see our customer websites for privacy information relating directly to their content and processing activities.
For further information about cookies please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
7. Security and storage of your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
8. Links to other websites
9. Your rights
As an individual you are empowered by a number of rights concerning the protection of your personal data to prevent misuse.
9.1. Subject access request
You have a right to request access to the personal data we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please visit our dedicated page for more information - https://www.e4education.co.uk/sar
The key ways we collect and use information for marketing purposes are:
9.2.1. Google Analytics
When someone visits e4education.co.uk, we use Google Analytics to collect details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify an individual’s personal data. Google will not sell or share your personal information.
9.2.2. Marketing preference
If you would like to stop receiving marketing from us, you can amend your preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Unsubscribe”. All marketing emails will also include a link to update email preferences or unsubscribe.
If the information we hold on you is inaccurate, you can email us at email@example.com to let us know what needs updating and we will correct it.
9.4. Right to object, restrict processing and to be forgotten
You have the right to object to us using your personal data or to ask us to delete or remove it if there is no need for us to keep it. You can also ask us to stop processing your personal data in any way. It’s important to note that preventing processing of some activities may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. Please send this request through to firstname.lastname@example.org
9.5. Data portability
If requested, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data in .csv format. This format is common to most systems and will allow you to easily transfer your personal data.
10. Data breaches
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will ensure that our obligations are complied with under data protection laws.
How you can control cookies
You can accept or reject cookies by amending your web browser controls. Here are some links that might be of assistance:
- Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/en-nz/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.