Latest Live: November 2014
Published on 05/12/14
We love sharing our work with you, from new websites to photography, videos and virtual tours. In this blog, we will take a look at just some of the sites we’ve helped go live recently.
As we’ve mentioned before, the illustrated sites we create are traditionally for primary schools. However, we have also launched a couple of sites this month with amazing photography and more contemporary designs. Other design trends we noticed this month were:
- Great colouring and branding. School branding is important, especially when considering a new website – something St Mary’s Catholic School,St. Bartholomew’s Church of England Primary School and Huntington Tower Primary Academy are definitely aware of! St Mary’s new website design also matches their school uniform, with everything from website buttons to animations linking perfectly. Beautiful!
- Animation. Great illustration can be brought to life with animation, also seen on the new St Mary’s website.
- Photography transforming design. Not all of our primary school clients opt for an illustrated design. Some, like Our Lady of the Visitation Catholic Primary School, have chosen a sleek and contemporary design with full-page photography. We love it!
One trend we’ve noticed with senior school websites is how amazing full-page photography and videos can look, especially with responsive design, and this months sites are no different.
- Engaging videos and virtual tours. One great use for your school website is introducing life at your school to prospective students. Using video and virtual tours is a great way to do this, something clearly showcased on the new Thomas Deacon Academy website.
- Photography. The sites we’re featuring this month all have great photography across their sites, but it’s their homepages we love the most. Take a look at Greenshaw High School and Queen Elizabeth’s Girls’ School to see why we think it’s so great.
Want to revamp your school website? Contact us to see how we can help.