September 2019 - Let The Countdown Begin
Published on 28/02/19
We know that as we finally move into the last few days of Winter, with the daffodils beginning to bloom and the sun starting to shine, it seems slightly absurd and altogether a little too early to be thinking about September. After all, why would we be thinking about Autumn when we’re not even into Spring yet?
Normally, we’d be a fan of embracing the ‘living in the now’ philosophy but when it comes to school planning, it’s never too early to start thinking ahead.
The 1st of March marked exactly six months until September - but when you take into account the Easter holidays, May half-term and the Summer Break - that time is exponentially reduced.
So, what can you achieve in the next 5 months?
A Beautiful New Website
Did you know that the average bespoke website project takes around 12 - 14 weeks to complete from initial design consultation to launch?
If you’re looking for a brand new website presence for the new academic year, then early Spring is the perfect time to get things going. Here’s a few reasons why:
- Effective Time-Management and Planning. You can spend time working on your content and planning your strategy for launch - starting early ensures you don’t have to rush the process and reduces the likelihood of someone from your school having to work throughout the summer to achieve your launch date.
- Training. You can plan to utilise internal training sessions and/or INSET days to train your staff on the new system before the new year begins - this helps everyone get up to speed in good time. With all e4education websites, you get unlimited telephone and email assistance from our Support Team as well as 24/7 access to our interactive walk-through tutorials.
- Budgets. We know that the procurement process can sometimes take a while, but the new financial year is an ideal time to allocate the budget for a new project. If you’re very fortunate, you may even have a small reserve left over from the previous year that needs spending!
- Beat Your Competition. Being proactive could help you get ahead of your competition. Once you have launched your new website then you can start promoting your school on social media, in the press and through word of mouth by drawing attention to your fantastic new online presence. This in turn will encourage higher levels of engagement and draw more people onto your website - some of whom may be prospective parents or potential future employees.
- Summer Sunshine. The summer weather will provide a beautiful backdrop for photography and videography (although, we are a firm advocate of all-year round imagery!)
Stunning Photography and Videography
Here at e4education, we’re firm believers that photography and videography are brilliant all-year round options and that all types of weather conditions can provide beautiful shots.
However we do appreciate that there is a certain appeal for gorgeous sunny skies, luscious green grass and happy, smiling, laughing children playing outside in the summer!
Confirming your photography and videography sessions in March or April increases the likelihood of you getting to book those much-coveted summer dates* which are always popular and book up extremely quickly.
It also allows you more time to prepare the shots you’d like to see, inform your students and teachers that the session will be taking place and ensure you have a wide range of activities going on, on the day.
*Unfortunately, as we all know, the English summer does not always equal summery conditions. Whilst we cannot guarantee the sun will be shining on the day, we can confirm that our professionals will ensure you have a brilliant photography or videography shoot whatever the weather!
An Attractive and Inspirational Prospectus
A well-designed prospectus is an attractive, functional marketing tool for most schools. Prospective parents like nothing better than to have an informative prospectus that they can take away from your Open Day (or receive in the post) and flick through at their leisure.
Prospectuses are an ideal way to showcase your school’s ethos, values and lifestyle and offering this in a physical format gives you another avenue to attract new admissions. Parents will be able to share the document with their family members and friends, to get a second opinion, and will return to consider your school again and again as they browse and decide on their next steps.
Using your prospectus as a powerful marketing tool requires engaging content, an on-brand attractive design and a quality print finish. With Open Days happening throughout the Spring (and then again in earnest at the start of the Autumn Term) it’s always best to get your order in early to ensure you have a plentiful supply at the ready to maximise your admissions potential.
Striking Signage Displays
With the majority of schools focusing on digital channels to promote their brand, we know that sometimes it is easy for the physical surroundings to be overlooked or forgotten.
Your school building is a hive of activity and where you carry out all of your important day-to-day teaching, learning and working - it’s also the place where parents will visit when making their final decisions.
Ensure your school is vibrant and welcoming by introducing stunning wall displays and helpful signposting throughout.
Brighten up your buildings - inside and out - by promoting your brand and enhancing your features; whether that’s an inspirational wall quote, an outside banner that sings the praises from your recent Ofsted inspection or a welcoming sign on the gate that utilises your branding and details your contact information and headteacher’s name.
Starting on a signage project in Spring is the perfect opportunity to get everything designed and installed ready for the new academic year. Timed correctly, you can also arrange to have it installed during the school holidays to help minimise disruption to your day to day school life.
Let the Countdown Begin
It's never too early to start thinking about the new academic year and we think that early Spring is a brilliant time of the year to start off your new projects, ready for September.
If you’d like more information on any of the services listed above, please don’t hesitate to contact our team today on 03453 191 039 or firstname.lastname@example.org